Karen started with CodeMaster in 2010, after working for 17 years in grant writing, policy planning, marketing and software sales. Karen brings a diverse background in land use planning, including assisting municipalities with federal and state grant applications and administration for various housing and redevelopment projects. Other land use experience includes submitting application packets and site plans for environmental studies and plan reviews on behalf of large landowners, to obtain permits for large housing and commercial developments. Karen also offers 10 years of experience with a Fortune 500 software and technology services company. She was a product consultant for the local government product lines, which included accounting, payroll, human resources, utility building and community development. Karen worked closely with municipalities across the United States to enhance their constituent software for planning, permitting, inspections and code enforcement.
At CodeMaster, Karen develops proposals, presentations and marketing materials and assists in overall company business development strategy and customer alignment. She also reaches out to the community on behalf of CodeMaster Inspection Services.
Karen received a Bachelor of Science in Geography with an Urban and Regional Planning Option from Penn State University.
- Member, Lehigh Valley Planning Commission Board
- Member, Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce Small Business Council Board
- Past Committee Chair and Current Member, Commercial Real Estate for Women (CREW)
- Member, International Facilities Management Association
- Past Advisory Board Member, Penn State Lehigh Valley
- Past Chapter Secretary, Pennsylvania Planning Association
- Past Board Member, Girls Club of Allentown
Training and Education
- Demo-To-Win Training
- HUD Federal Grant Application and Administration Training
- PA DCED Grant Application and Administration Training
- Geographic Information Systems Seminars