Shawn joined the CodeMaster team in 2015, as a Zoning Officer. Previously, Shawn worked in Talbot County, Maryland, in its Planning and Zoning Department, where he reviewed subdivision and land development plans, administered ordinances, enforced zoning and code violations and resolved issues with residents on a daily basis, by educating them on the ordinances and policies.
Shawn also assists CodeMaster in office administration by scheduling inspections, organizing results for CodeMaster clients, entering in plan reviews and customer service for residents, contractors and clients and answering permitting and process questions.
During college, Shawn interned at the East Falls Development Corporation. In this role, he utilized technology to complete and analyze a community survey. He also established a database to organize and collect data for vacant properties.
Shawn’s educational background includes a Bachelor of Science in Community and Regional Planning from Temple University, where he specialized in environmental, land use, residential and commercial planning. He has also attended workshops and programs on planning and zoning. Shawn is currently attending the Lehigh Valley Planning Commission courses on zoning and plans to obtain his Building Code Official (BCO) Certification.
- Member, Pennsylvania Association of Zoning Officials (PAAZO)
- International Property Maintenance Code Certification (pending)
- Geographic Information System and AutoCAD Software
- Report preparation, Planning Commission and Board of Appeals meetings
- Member, American Planning Association
- Volunteer Firefighter, Bethlehem Township